Estate Planning Services

Protect the people you love the most with careful planning.

Kids First Protection Plan

Estate Planning Dripping Springs

What would happen to your children if something should happen to you?

Having a will simply is not enough. It doesn’t guarantee the care of your children if the unthinkable happens! Your estate plan must safeguard your children, who are counting on you to ensure that they will always be taken care of by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what happens.

At the Law Office of Jennifer R. Cochran, we are passionate about planning for the well-being and care of the children you love. We are committed to helping our clients keep their families out of court and out of conflict should the unthinkable happen.

What happens when you don’t plan properly?

Your children could be placed into the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS) until someone is appointed by the Court to care for the children. Meanwhile, your children are suffering the loss of their parent(s) with strangers.

Your children could be put into the custody and care of someone you would never choose, like the one family member who may have good intentions, but you don’t want raising your kids!

A Judge, who doesn’t know you or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it is the last person you would ever want.

A long and nasty custody fight could ensue or there might be a challenge to the guardians you have designated.

Unscrupulous people can take advantage of children when they turn 18 and get a check for whatever assets are left.

Kids First Protection Planning

Each Kids Protection Plan includes:

  •  Legal documents naming short-term guardians who can be there immediately for your children so they’ll never be taken into the arms of strangers, not even for a minute.
  •  Letters to your short-term guardians so the people you’ve named will know exactly what to do if called upon. Instructions to everyone who takes care of your kids as to what to do if you are in an accident … so they know exactly who to call.
  •  Legal documents naming long-term guardians who you trust to raise your children just as you would want.
  •  Letters to your long-term guardians letting them know what to do if called upon.
  •  Instructions and guidelines for your long-term guardians on how you want your kids to be raised … with your values, insights, and stories.
  •  Medical Powers of Attorney for your minor children so the next time they travel without you, or you travel without them, you know they’ll get the medical care they need.
  •  A custom, personalized I.D. card for your wallet stating you have minor children at home and indicating exactly who should be contacted if you are ever in an accident.

Ready to Get Started?

Call 512.870.8187 to make sure you and your child have the proper documents in place, or you can use the form below to get started.

  • Get Started